We’ve reached the last of the films I’ve actually seen any part of, which is kind of exciting. It means the next five are all absolutely fresh. That said, I barely remember any of this one, because at the time, I had no interest in the franchise and didn’t know the backstory, so nothing made much sense.
The book was sorta meh for me; I enjoyed it mostly, but again, like the first, it began a little slow for me. We’ll see how the movie fares now, in the third installment of the Blog-entary of Harry Potter. Snacks prepared… Accio movie!
- Um, isn’t it illegal for Harry to cast spells back home? Why is he making light?
- Aw, Harry is no longer a Baby! so I can no longer tag him as such.
- Float away, you ignorant cow! Bwahahaha! Dudley got owned by a button.
- Um… Harry, did you leave Hedwig?! WTF? You prick!
- What’s with the Rasta bus ghost thingie? LOL
- There’s Hedwig! Now I’m okay again. I was enraged for a few minutes.
- What’s with all the Beatles hairdos on the Weasley boys? *facepalm*
- There’s a chill in my bones…. oh shit, it’s a Dementor! Don’t just stare, Harry… Oh, er, oops.
- Okay, what the hell? Lame ass choir, GTFO. I want my food porn and Dumbledore 2.0. Speaking of, I like him way better. The first one was too kindly and docile. Dumbledore always struck me as the Gandalf for the series.
- Trelawney is a total ROFLcopter… I couldn’t take this bitch seriously, either Hermione.
- “You’re gonna suffer, but you’re gonna be happy about it.” Oh, Ron. You’re still the best.
- Draco got a wankery haircut too! What the hell? Was this the precursor to Bieber bowls?
- “You’re supposed to stroke it.” That’s what she said.
- Oh, Hagrid! You’re so bloody naive… Like a big, hairy child.
- “I’m the king of the worlllllllllllllllllllllld!”
- Malfoy is a goddamn idiot… but we all knew that.
- On a cinematography note, I am so glad to be rid of Columbus. He’s done great work before (Rent) but this is a vast improvement.
- You know, they know how awful the Dursleys are. They are BARELY guardians. Why couldn’t they sign off on his form?
- Snape so has a boner for Hermione. Jerk off.
- Seriously, Harry? NOT the time to dream up shapes in the clouds storming by.
- Mischief managed!
- Ugh, stupid singers! Knock them down, Harry!
- God Harry, your anorexia is going to kill you. EAT! ;)
- Buckbeak :(
- Why does Harry not question the fact that Lupin a) knows how to use the map and b) even knows it’s a map?
- Bam! Bitch went down! Bam! Hermione, super bitch!
- BUCKBEAK :(!!!!!
- “Why don’t you run along and play with your Chemistry set?”
- BUCKBEAK :D!
- Expecto motherfucking Patronum!
- O hai Sirius! Here to save you, LOLZ.
- Harry breaks his brooms almost as often as his bloody glasses. #random
Final thoughts: One bitch: the constant fade to black, fade back in device got extremely tired. Very one trick pony. The creatures continued to be rendered in awesome ways. NOT ENOUGH NEVILLE. I know shit has to be cut, but bloody hell! I’d happily take another ten minutes to have a few more moments with the Weasleys or Neville. I also miss the parts where Hermione would be dying from homework and such, and it would have been nice to see them faking their charts for Trelawney.
Next: my favourite book, Goblet of Fire! Whee!