For a run-down on this little project, and my blog-entary on the first film, click me.
Unlike the first film, I have seen maybe five minutes of this one – the still above being from those five minutes, actually. This will be very virginal, indeed, although Goblet of Fire will be the first film I haven’t watched ANY part of. This was one of my favourite books, so if they do it wrong, RAGE! Ready, set…. Accio movie!
- Ahh! Baby!Harry’s voice is changing. This is seriously weird, still. I am kind of wishing I’d watched as they were released, so my mind wouldn’t be wrestling with the whole nudity deal. It’s just ODD. It’s not like Kate Winslet did movies as a tween, only to screw with my head with Titanic or The Reader or… Man, she gets naked a lot. I approve of this, but I digress. Baby!Harry and Hedwig!
- Oh lord… Dobby’s voice… Is he the Jar Jar of the fandom? He was so cute in the books, but ick… Nails on chalk board…
- I love that the Dursleys are stupid enough to think bars and nails can stop magical people from entering or leaving. Fail.
- Baby!Ron’s voice is also changing… Ahh!
- The Weasleys’ house is way nicer than the books make it out to be. They practically make it sound like a shack or something, or at least rundown. It’s really cozy and bright!
- How do you mispronounce words you’ve just heard, Harry? Yeesh!
- Lockhart: just as slimey and game show host-ish as I predicted.
- Baby!Draco grew the most between movies. He looks…. ick. How did Emma crush on him? Lucius is so trying to be Jeremy Irons, but not as cool.
- Is it bad that my biggest concern during the flying car debacle was poor Hedwig?
- Ha ha Snape, Dumbledore owns you.
- Finally! Plants! Poor Baby!Neville; no one cares about him. He fainted? Whatevs. Leave his body on the floor.
- ROTFLMFAO at the Howler.
- Aww, Mrs. Norris :( Kitty. Even if she is a fucking evil kitty, it still makes me cringe to see her hung up like that.
- Okay, Hogwarts is run by wizards. How can they NOT tell that someone has bewitched a broom or whatever, realize cheating is going on, AND STOP THE GODDAMN GAME? It’s pissed me off the entire series.
- “Who cares?” Indeed, Baby!Ron. No one gives a shit about Lockhart’s safety. And I thought so long before finishing this book.
- Stupid children. If Harry was going to sic the snake on anyone, it would be Draco.
- Harry really should have learned from first year not to wander the castle at night. It NEVER does him any good.
- *shudder* I so would not drink hair for any reason…
- Myrtle doesn’t really moan…. She just squeals. And I still don’t like how they show the ghosts or the lack of Peeves mischief
- Petrified Hermione is creeeeeeepy
- Aww, Baby!Ron’s voice cracks so badly when he freaks out.
- As much as I hate Snape, his pwnage of Lockhart is awesome.
- Riddle is so annoying… arrgh… Smug little fucker.
- I want a pet Phoenix. ZOMG cuteness!
- Ha ha, Lucius… Go cry, emo blonde. Baby!Harry just glared your ass down….
- … and then, Dobby owned you. *snicker*
- Awww…. I love Hagrid… He’s so sweet and cuddly….
Final thoughts: Needs more Hedwig! I’m also missing the moments of Hermione scolding the boys over not doing their work or paying attention, little scenes from the books. It’s like her character suddenly lost that attribute in the second film, and while she definitely became less of an annoying bint over the course of the books, she never lost that bit of nagging. Better than the first film, though; the pacing was much better.